Ideal Graduate Profile
- The graduate would love the Lord God with all his/her heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- The graduate would embrace his/her identity and purpose in Christ.
- The graduate would have mastered a college-preparatory curriculum, developing a biblical worldview and honing skills to think and to communicate both clearly and effectively.
- The graduate would cultivate intellectual curiosity.
- The graduate would recognize his/her body as the temple of the Holy Spirit and would steward it accordingly.
- The graduate would have experienced a breadth of athletic opportunities to encourage a lifestyle of wellness.
- The graduate would have developed good patterns of interacting with God, self, and others.
- The graduate would demonstrate servant-leadership and a desire to impact the world for Christ through God’s call on his/her life.
Graduation Requirements for Brazos Christian School
Minimum graduation credits required: 26
- 6 credits in Humanities
- 1 credit in Senior English
- 1 credit in American Government/Economics
- 4 credits in Mathematics (Alg I, Alg II, Geo.)
- 4 credits in Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- 1 credits in Fine Arts
- 4 credits in Bible (alt., if transfer Student)
- 1 credit in Technology
- 1 credit of Electives
- 1 credit in Physical Education
- .5 credit in Speech
- 2 credits in Foreign Language
NOTE: Beginning in the school year 2021-22, Brazos Christian will continue to require 1 credit (2 semesters of PE or participation in 2 sports) as mandated by the state, however, these credits will be recorded as Pass/Fail on students’ transcripts and report cards and will not impact GPA. To graduate from Brazos Christian School, a Student must spend the entire Senior year at Brazos Christian School and must successfully complete at least 5 classes each semester for at least 5 BCS credits concurrent with the requirements above.
Graduating With Honors
- Summa Cum Laude - “With Highest Honor”
- A graduate receives this recognition by earning a GPA of 4.0 or higher and completes an oral defense of the Honors senior thesis.
- Magna Cum Laude - “With Great Honor”
- A graduate receives this recognition by earning a GPA of 3.8 or higher.
- Cum Laude - “With Honor”
- A graduate receives this recognition by earning a GPA of 3.5 to 3.79.